- Some dried fruits:
- Raisins, dark and golden
- Dried cranberries
- Dried and candied citrus peel
- Dried and candied ginger
- Some chopped apples
- Maybe some chopped prunes or dates if I’m in the mood
- Some Norfolk punch or port or something that I can get in a small bottle
- Some garam masala or other appropriate spices
- About half a stick of butter
- Maybe some brown sugar, I don’t know
- Am wondering about some pemmican or other chopped or shredded dried meat; the thing is, processed meat makes me queasy just as a general idea.
Dump it all in a crock pot and let it simmer for however long seems right. Stick it in jars. See what happens if I make pies out of it.